November 14, 2007

Should I be scared?

Friends, I think I've gone over to the Bad Place. Oh wait, I've been there for some time.

Anyway. I'll share this anyway.

So last night, I'm watching Ghostbusters, right? And since (because?) I love movie trivia, I activated the special feature where the screen displays interesting factoids scene by scene. Soon, I noticed a misspelling in one of them that was on the screen for just a few seconds ("Winson" instead of "Winston" -- spell the characters' names right, for heavens to Betsy!). I was horrified at the error, but this was soon replaced by me being horrified that I noticed the error.

But really, I should expect such instances of freakdom from myself by now. It's been known to happen at stranger times, in stranger places (read: Saturday at 2 a.m. in a bar) than watching a DVD on my couch.

On that note, let's talk about since vs. because. Although my Stylebook is within arms reach, I won't look it up now. Anybody have a quick and easy way to remember the correct usage of both?

No comments: